RGGVY Scheme

Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yajona (RGGVY)

The Ministry of Power, Government of India launched RGGVY scheme on 18th March-2005 with a goal of providing access electricity to all rural households in five years. This project is 90% financed by Ministry of Power in capital subsidy, whereas the remaining 10% is loan from REC ltd. For implementation of RGGVY in Mizoram, letter of Awards (LOA) was issued on 12.09.2008. As per the guidelines of RGGVY, the project targeted an electrification of all rural households based 2001 census. In 2001 census, there are 44334 un-electrified rural households in Mizoram, whereas, the extra load demand for these households is assumed to be 13854 kVA.

The District-wise sanction parameters for Mizoram are as given below:
                                                                      
                                                                     

SN

 

Name

of  

district

Sanctioned parameters

Sanctioned

Amt. (Rs lakh)

33/11 kV SS          (No.)

33kV line         (Km)

11kV ine             (Km)

LT line     (Km)

DT (25kVA)               (No.)

BPL S/C       (H/h)

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

1

Mamit

NIL

NIL

152

82

105

4008

3137.70

2

Kolasib

NIL

NIL

44

32

40

1615

1046.48

3

Aizawl

2

110

124

109

118

3173

4872.93

4

Champhai

NIL

NIL

68

85

127

7096

2398.18

5

Serchhip

NIL

NIL

21.22

32

7

300

627.83

6

Lunglei

NIL

NIL

162

160

162

5318

4414.93

7

Lawngtlai

1

34

472

63

85

3300

6942.41

8

Saiha

1

81

154

36

21

2607

3355.12

TOTAL

4

225

1197.22

599

665

27417

26795.58

 

Within the sanctioned parameters, all the un-electrified villages (137 nos) as per census 2001 in Mizoram will be electrified by grid connectivity. Not only that, intensive electrification work would also be taken-up on demand basis for those villages/habitations which have already been electrified. Status of village coverage under RGGVY is as shown in the following.


 

 

SN

District

No. of Inhabited Villages

No. of Electrified Villages

No of villages lying un-electrified

(3-4)

Coverage of R.E. Works under RGGVY

New Electrif- ication

Intensive Electrif-ication

 

Total villages

(6+7)

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

1

Mamit

82

75

7

7

75

82

2

Kolasib

32

27

5

5

27

32

3

Aizawl

109

98

11

11

98

109

4

Champhai

85

76

9

9

76

85

5

Serchhip

32

32

0

0

32

32

6

Lunglei

160

138

22

22

138

160

7

Lawngtlai

139

71

68

68

71

139

8

Saiha

68

53

15

15

53

68

TOTAL

707

570

137

137

570

707

As on October-2012, the physical progress report is given as follows:- Out of 137 villages targeted for new electrification, 93 villages have been completed. Of 570 villages for Intensify Electrification, 346 villages were completed. Also 44334 no of household in rural to be electrified, 14907 household were completed.

 

© 2012 P & E Department, Government of Mizoram

This website belongs to Department of Power & Electricity; Government of Mizoram, India. Hosted by DoICT,  Template by ZENICS | Template by ICT

Click to start chatting.